Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mosey Along

That's how my knitting is going this week, moseying along. Ya know, I'm quite alright with that. Actually, I've come to realize that I'm not a particularly fast knitter. I'm not sure if it's an actual speed issue, that I'm still kind of a beginner knitter, or the fact that my knitting time throughout the week is inconsistent. I don't always get time in the afternoons to knit and sometimes I just have other things that occupy my time. I love to read and watch movies, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to knit and do either of these activities at the same time. I know a lot of knitters can, so maybe one day I'll be able to knit without staring at my knitting because I'm paranoid that I screwed up. My superpowers in knitting are still growing, but one day I"ll be a Super Knitter!

In fact that reminds me of a post I read today over on Grumperina's blog. The post is about some very special yarn she purchased when she first began knitting (great story), but in it she also recaps some memories in her beginning stages as a knitter. It's great to realize that even the best knitters had a beginning, asked questions, and were figuring things out just like the rest of us.

As Grumperina put it, "We were all beginners once, right? ;-)"

So I like that I'm learning who I am as a knitter and enjoying the sometimes peaceful, sometimes maddening yarn filled ride. One of the best parts of it for me is all the amazing knitbloggers out there and your stories! A big thank you to all of you for sharing. . .

1 comment:

Christie said...

I do knit when I watch tv, but it's more about listening to the dialog than actually watching it. We usually have to rewind when I miss something the actors do physically.

When I can knit and watch a subtitled movie, then I'll consider myself a Super-superstarra knitter! :)