Saturday, June 20, 2009

Go Texan

We went to the farmer's market today and these are some of our finds...

sweet corn (yum), cherry tomatoes, red & white onion

Texas peaches


eggplant & yellow squash


This was only the 2nd time I've been to a farmer's market here in town. The first time I went to one it was a bit of a disappointment. Maybe it was just the wrong time of year or not THE farmer's market where all the vendors set-up. Today we visited a different location which has really been pushing the farmer's market in their location and I think they've done a great job. They just started back in April I think and there were a number of really good vendors and our favorite bakery also had a tent set-up. N got his cinnamon roll fix. He was happy.

I'm happy to see it doing so well and to see a place where Texas farmers have a place and a crowd to sell their goods to. Go Texan!

Now I just need to find some good recipes for these farmer's market treats! I'm thinking roasted sweet corn for starters :-)

Do you have any suggestions?

No comments: