Sunday, July 19, 2009

Knitting Update

I figured it was time to post a little knitting update, since I haven't done that in some time. There has been knitting behind the scenes, but I just hadn't gotten around to taking some photos. I finally did today after making a tasty treat, which I hope to blog about if it's a success.


Garter Yoke Cardigan
Progress continues on my Garter Yoke Cardigan. I started this project back in January during our holiday break. Once school kicked into gear, it languished in my knitting basket. I would pick up it now and then, knit a row or two and put it away.

Now that schools been out I've managed to work on it more consistently. I've finished the body and one sleeve. My favorite thing about this project is the top-down construction and no seaming!! Love it!


Next up is the of Knitscene.

Knitscene Fall 2009

Last night N and I went out for dinner and a movie. Harry Potter! We had some time to kill before the movie, so we stopped in at Barnes and Nobles to peruse the magazine section. I'd already seen the latest Interweave Knits and Knit One magazine at my LYS, but hadn't come across this Fall's Knitscene. It must have just hit newsstands, because there isn't too much information on their website.

I don't typically buy knitting magazines, because their usually are not enough projects in them to justify the purchase. It's kind of silly, because one knitting pattern can typically cost about the same as a magazine (give or take a buck or two). However, this issue has quite a few projects that I would love to make.

Knitscene

The main reason I bought the magazine is because of the Melissa Wehrle projects. To be honest, I'd never heard of her until I read the article in Knitscene. She has some great projects that are casual and stylish. The picture above is one in particular that I hope to get around to at some point. I've noticed that lately I seem to be drawn to knitting projects that feature buttons as a design element. In fact, there's a knit hat in the issue that features buttons as well. I also have a pattern or two queued on Ravelry with buttons. Hmm, guess I like buttons?

Aside from the cardi and my most recent purchase, I've been working on a simple scarf project using some great Artful Yarns Reality that my MIL gave me for Christmas. I think it's discontinued now, sorry.

Anyhoo, I needed a simple project to carry around with me and something that I could work on in front of the TV. I figured a 2x2 rib scarf would do the trick!

So far, I've gone through one of two skeins and am hoping that it'll be long enough. My only other concern is the width. I know that ribbing tends to draw in knitting, but I'm afraid it may be too skinny. Hopefully, the blocking will help that out some. I just don't feel like frogging it at this point.

Like I said, I'm half way through so the project is going rather quickly. I did manage to make a mistake today though. In an effort to bring you at least semi-interesting photos, I accidentally pulled my knitting off the needle (see last picture) while "styling" the shot. I don't know what I was thinking....uh, clearly I wasn't.

So, that's about all the knitting news I have for you today. I'm hoping the next update will include a finished cardi. Hopefully.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have to some stitches to pickup.

Scarf

off needles

1 comment:

Kara said...

That purple cardi looks gorgeous! That yarn is delish!