Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Onesie Project



This past weekend, a couple of friends and I got together to throw our friend Sara a baby shower. She's two weeks from her due date, so we were cutting it close!



Okay, while there are some less than appetizing shower games, there are also some fun games. I have to admit it, but for the most part is seems that mommy-to-be and guests are subjected to games that they don't even like or have grown tired of after countless parties. So, knowing this I thought maybe we could try something different. I figure if you are going to point out a problem, you should offer up a solution :-)

So, I offered up a cute onesie project that I first saw on Pepperknit. Freezer paper stencils. I got a resounding yes from my fellow party planners and the project was set. Kate, the hostess, did a wonderful job of getting all the supplies and even provided a pre-made demo for the guests.


Each guest was able to make one onesie for Sara's baby boy and the onesies ranged in size from newborn to 9 months. We wanted to make sure baby had enough cute handmade gifts to last him a while.


I have to admit that some of the guests seemed unsure about the project, but in the end once they saw how cute the project turned out I'd like to think they enjoyed it. If not, well....oh nevermind.

My friends and I had a great time and enjoyed playing with paint and sketching cute animals for Sara's baby boy. So, without further ado I give you the completed projects!

CAUTION: CUTE OVERLOAD



This is my zebra. I'm kinda proud of it!


I won't go into the details or how-to, because Minty did a great job. Just follow the link above for fabulous instructions. I will however say that you should definitely try this at your next party if you are looking for something new to try!

No comments: