Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What about me? Take 2

O.k. so I couldn't stop thinking about how lame my post yesterday was. I know there's a bit more going on with me than what I wrote, but I guess I just couldn't concentrate last night. The hubby was watching this last night and it was a bit loud and distracting.

So of course here I am at work on my lunch break and I'm totally procrastinating. So now is as good a time as any to try again! So here we go. . .

As I mentioned before I work in the non-profit sector which I love. I also love the arts, film especially. And while I enjoy my job I'd like to eventually start my own wee non-profit like this one. So I'm currently waiting to hear back from a graduate program in Public Administration. I hope to start classes in the fall and be on my way to fulfilling that dream. Aside from knitting, I like to spend time outdoors with the pups (AND the hubby). We just got a new dog park in my area so that's exciting for us. Um, love to read and cook and of course eat! There is like a gazillion other things I'd love to try in the future, but I'm trying to stay focused on knitting and school right now.

I'm kind of a slow knitter right now, but I don't mind. If I never get super speedy that's alright by me. I just enjoy what I can do. I'm really enjoying knitting and every time I look around I find a new project to crave.

I've already got a couple of projects lined up after Orangina:

-Counterpane Carpetbag from the book "Handknit Holidays"

-Split neck tee from the book "Fitted Knits"

So there ya go folks a wee bit more about little ol'me and the yarn in my life. Have a good one!

1 comment:

YarnThing said...

Nice to meet you YaYa! Can't wait to see hear more from you and see what beautiful projects you are working on in the future!

Take Care,

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com
knitthing.mypodcast.com