Saturday, February 28, 2009

Garter Yoke Progress

O.k., so in my last post I mentioned that I am currently working on the Garter Yoke Cardigan found in knit. 1 magazine. I've been knitting on this sweater since early January, and while it was moving along nicely when I first started, classes resumed and put a damper on the progress. I knit a few rows here and there when I have time, and it's coming along slowly but nicely. Just the other day I hit the waist shaping. Yeah!


I'm loving this cardigan for two reasons:

1. I am finally using some Cascade Lana D'Oro Tweed that I bought when I first started knitting. I bought the yarn for another pattern even though it wasn't the same yarn weight called for in the pattern. I wasn't adventurous enough then to do the modifications, so I scratched it and moved on. The yarn has been sitting in the stash for at least 2 years. So, I love that I finally get to work with it, because it's a nice yarn.

2. Seamless cardigan. 'Nuff said. Seriously, if every sweater I ever knit is seamless I will be a happy knitter. I feel like the project is going along much faster than my other postponed attempt at knitting a sweater. I know that when I get done with the body of this sweater all I will have to do is knit the sleeves and voila! I'm done :-) No seaming to be done. (well, just some blocking). That earns major brownie points in my book.

Here are some WIP shots...




I don't have classes next week (yes even grad. students get a break. well, sorta), so maybe just maybe I'll be done by the end of March.

Famous last words.

No comments: