Thursday, May 28, 2009

Afternoon Snack

O.k., so I know I haven't posted those pictures of our vacation like I said I would in the last post. I know, I know but it was a nice long weekend and the laziness of vacation continued. I did manage to download the pictures onto my computer which is a miracle if you know me. Pictures usually sit on our camera for ages before I manage to do anything with them. Anyhow, pictures to come soon!

In the meantime, let me tempt you with scones. Yes, scones. Not knitting, chocolate, lovely vacation photos, but scones. I know what you're thinking, "scones are so dry, heavy, and bleh." Yes, I've fallen victim to those scones as well. In fact, when I see a scone at a coffee shop my mouth immediately goes dry. Thanks but no thanks. But then, one of my favorite food blogs posted a recipe for what she calls Dreamy Cream scones some time ago. Tempting, but I waited until now to try them out. I couldn't get them out of my head. I blame our vacation, but more on that later.

These scones are just divine! They're light, fluffy, buttery, and slightly sweet. The cranberries around the edges get kind of candy like. Drool. I think next time I might zest some lemon or orange into the batter to give it just a bit of a brighter flavor. Otherwise, they are just fantastic!

No comments: