Friday, August 14, 2009

Il Ciclista






So in my last post I mentioned that it's been a crazy two weeks and that work was pretty much most of the "busy". Well, 2 weekends ago was also part of the busy, but in a good way. My hunk of a man took part in his first ever State TT (time trial). At least I think it was the first one.

Anyhow, last weekend we headed out at what felt like the crack of dawn and made our way to the races!

While I don't often go to N's races, I really enjoy them when I do get a chance to join him. I love watching the pre-race rituals happening all around as everyone prepares physically and mentally. It's a quiet time as everyone picks up their packet of information, warms up, and gears up for the day ahead. Here's N as he pins his racing number to his cycling kit.


Once he finished getting ready, we set out on our bikes for a short 2 mile ride to the staging area.


This is where I would spend the next 2 hours or so, watching cyclist after cyclist descend down the ramp in the hopes of beating the clock. An individual time trial is a road race in which a cyclist races alone against the clock.


Here's N as he gets ready to take off in the hopes of finishing in the top 5. That was his goal for the day....along with world domination, but more on that later. Okay, just kidding on that last one. So, where was I?


Oh yeah, N taking off with just enough time to get his butt in the saddle and hammer on the pedals for the next 58 minutes.

Here are some shots from the day.








In the end N met his goal of the top 5. Woohoo! He didn't achieve world domination, but there's always tomorrow.

Just kidding.

No, not really.

Okay yes I am.

No comments: