Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Saturday


Just this past week a new coffee shop opened up in our neighborhood. It's called Local Coffee and it's pretty cool. It's got a simple interior with exposed ceilings and concrete floors. The decor is minimal and the tables and chairs have clean lines. The staff friendly and the hot chocolate yummy :-) I'll try the coffee next time I'm there.


The place is literally 2 blocks away, but I had N drop me off on his way to his cyclocross race. I wanted to spend that time with him....a whole 3 minute car ride! I walked back don't worry. I can be lazy, but even I know where to draw the line.

Anyhow, I went there because I needed to spend some time working on my exit paper. This is my last semester of graduate school. This is my last semester of graduate school. This is my last semester of graduate school.

Sorry. I need to repeat that and make it my mantra.

There are moments when I begin to stress out. Our weekly class has become more of a therapy session than class.

I have to graduate. I will graduate.

I managed to get some work done even though the day was absolutely freakin' gorgeous! I even sat outside 'cause I could. Just me, my purple highlighter, blue gel pen, mounds of paper, and yummy hot chocolate.

It was a good morning.

No comments: