Need a quick meal? Look no further than this simple, quick and yum recipe. I made this for dinner tonight with the help of my sous chef hubby.
The colors made me smile and made the dish look so enticing. And it delivered in flavor as well! The peppers give the dish a sweet flavor and it's balanced out with the creamy mozzarella.
It's a keeper in our home!
Pasta with Peppers and Mozzarellafrom Real Simple Magazine, August 2008
- 12 ounces short pasta (such as gemelli or penne; about 4 cups) I used wheat gemelli pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bunches arugula, thick stems removed (about 6 cups) substituted spinach, it's what we had
- 12 ounces bocconcini (small balls of fresh mozzarella), cut in half, or fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-size pieces
- kosher salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and set aside. Wipe out the pot.
- Heat the oil in the pasta pot over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the arugula, bocconcini, the cooked pasta, the reserved pasta water, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, until the arugula is just wilted, about 1 minute.