Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Finishing

Now that I'm all done with grad. school I've found this magical thing called "time". It's amazing! If you don't have any, I highly recommend that you go out and find some. It'll rock your world. It may require you shifting some priorities around, but it's totally worth it when you get something like this:



Technically, this dress was mostly done about a year ago :-) However, I never really finished finishing it. There were these two small gaps where the zipper meets the collar and I just never got around to it until a month ago. Now, I'm not a sewing expert so the finished product isn't perfect. I don't know that I'll wear it out too much as a dress, but I hope to at least to wear it as a tunic over jeans or something. The print is a little um busy/loud, but hey that's ok!


Overall, I'm just happy it actually looks like the picture in the pattern, which is Built By Wendy 3835. I'm hoping to get some more sewing practice in this summer with clothing. To help on along the way I picked up a copy of Sew Everything Workshop by Diana Rupp. It's actually been a really interesting read, since her passion for sewing really comes through in her writing. I've also managed to create a bit of a pattern stash already :-) Now I just need to buy some fabric to go with them!



Oh, and here's a Capone fix for family and friends!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Oh, I love the print! It really fits that pattern. SO CUTE! And looks great on you.